OWC are Ecommerce experts and the vast majority of our work is centered around Magento (primarily Enterprise Edition) and Shopify Plus. We work in an Agile way to create new build, greenfield, projects, work with existing customers to constantly evolve their platforms and replatform from existing platforms. No two days are the same.
As a Senior Magento Developer in our backend team:
You will have been a key member in a commercial PHP Development team for at least 2 years, and at least 12 months of that experience will have been entirely Magento focused.
- Commerciality isn’t a chore, you are driven by time constraints and quality of delivery.
- A track record of implementing new features in a well architected, maintainable manner, and helping others do the same, is what makes you stand out from the crowd.
- Debugging will be second nature. You will be able to guide less experienced team members to more quickly determine root cause and resolution, not a sticking plaster.
- This is not a cipher, or a test… Most of the following will mean something to you. If they don’t then you will instinctively want to know what they are.
PHP, OOP, EAV, TDD, BDD, API, VCS, CI, SOLID, DI, IOC, GoF, EDP, SQL, PCI, XSS, CSRF, NGINX, AWS, SaaS, PaaS
Knowledge and experience required:
- Good communication skills
- Proven ability to build internal and external relationships with key people.
- Proven ability to be part of an effective team.
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility with high priority senior stakeholders, and to influence decision making.
- A track record of successfully delivering business critical projects.
- Experience of managing the full project lifecycle.
- The resilience to overcome issues and drive activity and results.
- Able to think about the business goals whilst maintaining your role as the client advocate.
- Delivery and profit focused.
- Confident in managing client expectations.
- Able to engage in and manage negotiations, project issues, risks and opportunities.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Comfortable and confident in understanding your role defending scope whilst seeing and developing opportunities for cross sell and upsell of services.
- Process orientated with a pragmatic approach.
- The management of projects that span multi-disciplinary areas of differing size and complexity to meet business expectations and deliver results.
2yrs experience as a project manager in a commercial environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate matrix management of a project team of 3-5 resources.
- Must be able to demonstrate a portfolio of projects delivered ranging in value from $50k + or man days effort of 100 – 400 days.
- Good understanding of website platforms and working knowledge of customer management systems.
- Must be able to demonstrate an intermediate level of understanding of the web from both a production and consumer standpoint..
- Must be able to manage 3-5 concurrent projects/clients.
- Experience of presenting to clients at senior management level.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Spreadsheets.
- Able to produce and manage Gantt charts.
- A good understanding of what it takes to maintain and develop the most productive client relationships.
- Must be comfortable working towards defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Must be able to quickly understand the client, their products and their industry.
- Experience in managing the following types of projects; digital, ecommerce, system integration, SEO optimisation and conversion optimisation.